Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Topsy turvry, upside down and sideways

Two weeks ago Joshua and I left for our home in Ghana. I am finally here. Yep, you read correctly. Instead of two days of travel, it took me two weeks.

The first time I arrived, I began having trouble seeing out of my right eye. I was in no pain but I was going blind. The doctors did not want to risk my health and promptly sent me to Paris for diagnosis and 
I underwent treatment and was released back to Ghana on Sunday. I stayed a bit longer in France because my Dad was a true hero and flew over from The States to be with me. I stayed until he flew home.

To say it was an ordeal or adventure or any classification really, does the experience no justice. I am sure I will flush out the story and repeat it for life but for now know that we are all safe, together and I am on the mend. The words "home sweet
Home" are my favorite words today. Well
That and "I love you Mommy,
Mommy you're the best!"


"I thank God for this most
amazing day;
for the leaping greenly
spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;
and for everything
which is natural, which is
infinite, which is yes."
e. e. cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment