Monday, October 8, 2012

Shocking!

So when was the last time you were shocked in the shower (and not the good, 50 Shades kind of shocked)?  Anyone, anyone?  Why would I ask such a strange question you wonder?  I mean getting shocked in the bath could be deadly right?  Well….  I was shocked by our plumbing on Saturday and lived to tell you about it.

I was trying to figure out why life had been extremely boring and then I remembered – we have had workers in the house every day since last Thursday trying to fix our electricity.  All of the lights in the house are on the same breaker switch. The switch decided to continually turned off the lights.
The maintenance crew on-site has been extremely responsive.  The first day they were here and suspected a light bulb.  It was that Christmas tree light theory – one light bulb out and the whole string goes. They checked all the bulbs and replaced a couple.  It didn’t fix the problem.
The next day, they were able to recreate the issue (because it just got worse and the lights would hardly stay on more than 5 minute). They completely rewired the lights and switches in the house.  That fixed the switch “trip” issue but unfortunately one of the wires wasn’t grounded well enough.  When I added water to the ungrounded wire during my shower and touched the plumbing – ahhhhhhh!  The really scary thing is I had just given Joshua a shower before I hopped in for mine!
The crew came RIGHT away and fixed the shock issue but unfortunately the fix also took out all of the electricity to the side of the house that supports things like the stove, washer and dryer.  Back out they came and I am happy to report that we have been maintenance free today.

What else?
It’s hard for me to believe that in just over 2 weeks, my parents will be here for a visit.  It’s even harder to believe that Joshua turns 4 next week!  He’s growing so fast.  We packed presents in our crate so he will have a couple of nice surprises on the big day. I usually bake a very fancy cake but I am not sure I am going to be up for the challenge here.  I have some great supplies so I will probably fake it and we’ll all just pretend that it’s fabulous.  It’s kind of like we still pretend we have no idea where Joshua is hiding.  Can you find him?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment