Monday, July 16, 2012

Grabbing hold of peaceful moments


My oh my!  The days leading up to a major move are not for the weak of heart or spirit. There is so much to do and so much to think about.  Have we canceled the cable / phone / trash ... ?  Have we figured where our mail is going and put in a forwarding order?  Did we pick up the last drop off of dry cleaning? Are we SURE the airlines know about the peanut allergy?  How do we get our prescriptions filled now for 6 months? Did I write down and distribute contact information to everyone taking care of our house? These are just a very few of the many things on our "to do" lists. I am so stressed that I am forgetting simple words during conversation.  

This morning I gave myself the BEST gift. I woke before the rest of my crew, got comfortable in "my" spot and meditated.  Ahhhhhh.  I can breath easy again.

Now for a day of finishing up dogie paperwork, having blood drawn, talking to pharmacists, and coordinating last minute good-byes...  all done with a three-year old who would rather be playing "pirates" in tow.  It's very doable and much easier now that I can breath again.

No comments:

Post a Comment